I was tagged by velociraptor-with-an-obsession
These are the rules:
Rule One: Always post the rules.
Rule Two: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and write 11 new ones.
Rule Three: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule Four: Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. Who’s your favorite favorite fictional character?
My favorite favorite character would have to be The Doctor because of everything he stands for and tries to do.
2. What’s your favorite time of day?
3. Favorite book series? Or book?
This is an incredibly difficult question! but one of my favourite series is definitely Harry Potter
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
I really can’t think of one, there’s plenty of issues that annoy me such as sexism and extreme poverty but most people dislike these.
5. Are you listening to a song right now? If so, which song?
6. Favorite movie?
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
7. What is your best childhood memory?
Going to a ski field playing around in the snow all day
8. What is the worst injury you have had?
Once I accidentally cut my finger while using a craft knife… it was a pretty deep cut
9. Favorite website to visit? (besides tumblr of course!)
Doctor Who Media is the best site for watching Classic Doctor Who I’ve found so yup that
10. Night owl or Early bird?
Definitely night owl, perhaps even dangerously so
11. Which position would you like to play in Quidditch?
1. What’s your favourite music band/singer?
2. How long do you think it’ll be until extraterrestrial life is found?
3. What’s the best holiday you’ve been on?
4. How many books do you own?
5. What’s the best gift you’ve ever got on your birthday?
6. What’s your favourite type of chocolate?
7. Have you ever got a trophy or medal? If so what for?
8. Do you have a collection of anything?
9. What’s your favourite TV show?
10.What’s the nicest place place you’ve been to?
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received or given?
Doctor Who + lights
A new trimester of study begins. new hope. renewed excitement.
at 19, i read a sentence that re-terraformed my head: the level of matter in the universe has been constant since the big bang.
in all the aeons we have lost nothing, we have gained nothing - not a speck, not a grain, not a breath. the universe is simply a sealed, twisting kaleidoscope that has reordered itself a trillion trillion trillion times over.
each baby, then, is a unique collision - a cocktail, a remix - of all that has come before: made from molecules of napoleon and stardust and comets and whale tooth; colloidal mercury and cleopatra’s breath: and with the same darkness that is between the stars between, and inside, our own atoms.
when you know this, you suddenly see the crowded top deck of the bus, in the rain, as a miracle: this collection of people is by way of a starburst constellation. families are bright, irregular-shaped nebulae. finding a person you love is like galaxies colliding. we are all peculiar, unrepeatable, perambulating micro-universes - we have never been before and we will never be again. oh god, the sheer exuberant, unlikely fact of our existences. the honour of being alive. they will never be able to make you again. don’t you dare waste a second of it thinking something better will happen when it ends. don’t you dare.”
The beautiful scenery from “The Lord of the Rings”.
"People love Hubble images. It tells them where they came from. It tells them where they’re going.”